Civil Engineering Site Technician
Forestry Engineering Wales (FEW) is a Wales wide unit within NRW. The team is made up of 30 professional engineering staff, located throughout Wales. FEW is primarily responsible for constructing and maintaining a safe network of roads, bridges and water control structures across the Welsh Government Woodland Estate.
We are unique throughout the civil engineering sector, in that we retain the in-house skills to produce our own construction aggregates, using mineral resources located throughout the estate. This enhances our reputation for the best practice application of sustainable construction techniques.
Location: Various including North Wales, Mid Wales, South West/Central/East Wales
Post Number: 102991, 102994-998
Contract type: Permanent
Work pattern: Full Time
The role is to assist the Country Civil Engineer in achieving Natural Resources Wales’ policy and targets in Wales, through the supervision of NRW and contract resources. Assist in the planning of upcoming works required to meet stakeholder’s expectations and in monitoring construction of these programmes, which are delivered via the NRW civil engineering framework.
Job Specific Criteria:
1) Either NVQ Level 3 (or equivalent qualification) in civil engineering/construction-related discipline, or aim to achieve the qualification within 3 years of taking up post with support from NRW - Essential.
2) Relevant experience in site-based Civil Engineering and ground works operations - Essential.
3) Knowledge and understanding of CDM2015 - Essential
4) Knowledge of NEC ECC form of contract.- Desirable
5) Experience in using GIS based computer packages and mobile GPS, to be used in planning works, providing principal setting-out points and general surveying.- Desirable
6) Experience in MS Office suite of applications. E.g. Word, Excel, Outlook. – Essential
Interviews to take place on: Week commencing 22nd January 2018
For informal enquiries call
Andy Perry 0300 065 4755
20 December 2017