Job vacancy: Forestry Worker
The Elveden Estate is an exemplar of environmental management; extending to 10,000 hectares, the estate manages almost 25% of its land for environmental and conservation objectives and does so to the highest of environmental standards. The estate encompasses arable farmland, forestry, parkland, a number of SSSIs and County Wildlife Sites.
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and self-motivated person to join our forestry department.
• Well motivated, hardworking and prepared to work in all weathers
• Experienced chainsaw operator (CS30,31,32 minimum requirements)
• Willing to work unsociable hours including weekends when required
• Prepared to work away from home
• Experienced in pesticide application (PA1 and PA6 minimum requirements)
• Experience with agri-based forwarders advantageous but not essential
• Basic tree survey and inspection training desirable but not essential
• Thinning, firewood, planting and spraying
• Estate maintenance
• Involvement with display and retail Christmas tree harvesting and supply
This is a full-time permanent position working 39 hours per week, predominantly Monday to Friday. However, due to the nature of the business you will need to be flexible and able to work weekends and bank holidays as required. We offer an attractive package with remuneration in line with experience.
To apply for this position please send your CV to: Tim Handford at email@example.com
1st June 2018