Job vacancy: Forest/Estate worker for Westacre Estate.
Westacre Estate is looking to recruit a Forest/Estate worker to assist in the establishment and maintenance of the woodlands in line with the Forestry Woodland Management Plan and SSSi requirements.
Working under the instructions of the forestry consultant, supervising the forestry and Estate team or on their own as required, fulfilling a wide range of tasks.
Silviculture and harvesting work:
Occasional supervision duties, restocking works and after care, occasional tree nursery works, Christmas tree production, felling of trees and timber quality improvement works. Assisting with the preparation of sales parcels, monitoring of uplift of timber from site, providing written and photographic records for the Forestry Manager.
Occasional supervision and working towards thecompletion of the rolling estate maintenance program. Including fencing, swiping, tree safety remedial works, managing the maintenance of forestry/ estate machinery, ensuring fuels, oils are in stock and use is correctly allocated to departments, yard management, delivering woodchip. Recording, written and photographic, for grant purposes. Liaising with the various estate management teams re budgetary expenses.
Working hours and conditions:
40 hours per week – £10 per hour.
8am-5pm with an hour for lunch, Monday to Friday.
Annual leave - 23 days plus bank holiday.
This is a physically demanding outdoor working position that requires a person able to undertake these duties in all weather conditions.
• Previous forestry experience required, 2 years minimum and preferably the successful applicant will be educated to BTec National Diploma standard in Forestry/Land management.
• NPTC chainsaw licence to fell and process medium trees is required and further training will be given.
• A good understanding of health and safety and risk assessment procedures is also required.
• Excellent communication skills are essential.
• A full clean UK driving licence is essential.
Training and development
• Training will be provided as required.
To apply: please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com or by post to: Westacre Estate Office, Church Green, Westacre PE32 1TS
Closing date: 12th January 2018
12th January 2018