Job vacancy: Harvesting and marketing forester based in Glenbranter.
£29,695 - £32,811, plus benefits
It's an exciting time for Forestry in Scotland, our organisation is changing, we need people to help us during our evolution and beyond.
The newly formed Central Region of Forest Enterprise Scotland (FES) covers a wide geographical area from Tydrum in the north to Whitelee in the south. All Forestry Commission Scotland forests in the Loch Lomond & the Trossachs National Park are contained within the Regional boundary. Regional annual harvesting programmes are currently 485,000m3 and are a mixture of direct production and standing sales.
As harvesting & marketing forester within the region, you will be responsible for planning and managing all harvesting operations within the region, primarily managing an area covering the Cowal Peninsula, west Loch Lomond, Crainlarich and Tyndrum. Under the new structure it is anticipated that geographical area will change depending on programmes.
You will be responsible for planning and managing all harvesting operations within the region, working closely with the harvesting and marketing assistant delivery manager (ADM) to deliver key targets and work collaboratively with other teams and functions to deliver the wider regional business plan.
It is desirable you have associate membership of the Institute of Chartered Foresters (ICF) or are willing to work towards membership.
The key responsibilities for the role will include:
Managing and Supporting People
• Manage co-ordinate harvesting & marketing team to deliver a professional and business-like service;
Support and mentor harvesting & marketing works supervisors to focus on self-management, core targets and responsibilities.
Business Planning, Monitoring and Programme Delivery
• Work with planning managers and civil engineers to identify and plan future harvesting programmes;
• Working closely with the assistant delivery manager, land management team and visitor services team to prepare the operational elements of business plans and business monitoring for direct production programme and standing sales.
Representation & Customer Care
• Liaise with outside stakeholders on a regular basis, manage sales contracts, plan and implement budgets and work with merchants and contractors to maintain a high standard of site management which fully meets all relevant guidelines and legislation;
• Maintain high standards of customer care.
Maintaining Standards in Operational Area of Responsibility & Health & Safety
• Maintain health and safety standards in all operations in line with regional health & safety policy statement and safety resumption system;
• Monitor and encourage high standards of health and safety within the contractor resource, ensuring compliance with relevant legislation and guidance.
For more information and to apply, please visit our website: www.civilservicejobs.service.gov.uk
Please quote ref 1603470.
No recruitment agencies please.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities for all sectors of our diverse community.