Assistant Forestry Manager based in South Herefordshire
Perrystone and Brockhampton are forward thinking Estates seeking to appoint an Assistant Forestry Manager. This role will involve assisting the existing Forestry Manager and newly appointed Forestry Worker with day to day operations and delivering the long-term vision.
The Estates provide training and encourage professional development.
Assistant Forestry Manager
An exciting opportunity to learn and develop the skills needed to run a modern estate forestry enterprise, working closely with the existing Forestry Manager.
The role will include all forestry tasks, including felling, extraction and planting and you will be expected to have good knowledge of Silviculture.
You will be responsible for team performance and Health and Safety in the Forestry Managers absence. Working with other Estate departments will also form part of the role.
To be considered for the role, you must be able to demonstrate:
· Knowledge, experience and understanding of Silviculture and forestry operations
· Previous experience in the operation of modern forestry machinery and equipment
· A relevant forestry qualification and certificates
· PA1 and PA6 qualifications an advantage
· Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
· You are a team player and good communicator, but also able to self-manage and work on your own initiative
· A valid full (and ideally clean) driving licence is essential for this role
To request a job specification or make informal enquiries please email Sarah Goddard: email@example.com
To apply please send covering letter and CV to Sarah Goddard: firstname.lastname@example.org