Forest Works Manager
Land Energy is one of the UK’s leading biomass energy businesses and specialises in pellet production and clean energy services. This is a great opportunity to join a growing, progressive business that has a wide variety of challenges and technologies. Sourcing wood fibre form across Scotland, Land Energy are committed to developing and optimizing efficient systems to ensure a timely supply of feedstock for the companies’ operations.
Reporting directly to the Fibre Buyer, you will plan, procure, manage and deliver a host of forestry operations across Scotland. Working with private clients, woodland managers and corporate organizations, you will be a time served professional with excellent interpersonal skills and a working knowledge of UK forestry with an emphasis on biomass recovery.
- Home based in Southwest Scotland, you will plan and coordinate your own working time in line with other colleagues and the requirements of the operations you are managing.
- Fully supported by a team of similar minded, ambitious professionals, you will be encouraged to exceed your potential through professional and personal development.
- You will hold excellent IT skills, be well organised with excellent communication skills.
- Managing Health and safety during forestry operations and continually driving forward improved working practices.
- A key member of the fibre team, developing the wider business strategy, including contract negotiation, management and analysis.
- Prepare forecasts and assist in management of fibre within the planned purchasing strategy.
- Meeting customers and developing new business and supply chains.
- Technical development of the operations, conforming with UK forestry and best practice standards.
- To engage and participate in the continuous improvement culture of the company
You will be a team player who can demonstrate that they can meet the following criteria:
- Proven working experience within the sector
- Professional membership of the Institute of Chartered Foresters or another relevant professional body is desirable, with ideally a Forestry or Land based qualification.
- Excellent IT Skills include Microsoft Word & Excel
- A full UK driving license
- High attention to detail
- Team player & a critical thinker
- A competitive salary, pension and benefits package commensurate with experience.
Interested applicants, please send your CV to Rhona McKerral at email@example.com, 07971 096 088, closing date Friday 5th July 2019.