Harvesting & FM/Stewardship Forester, Torlundy & Oban
£27,297 - £29,281, plus benefits
Forestry and Land Scotland (FLS) is an agency of the Scottish Government and manages the National Forest Estate (NFE) on behalf of the Scottish Ministers.
West Region is one of five within FLS that deliver the management of the NFE and covers some of the most spectacular scenery in the Scottish Highlands. Timber production is a key target and the harvesting team currently produce approximately 650,000 m³obs per year to supply processors across the country. Forest management and stewardship activity includes restocking of approximately 1,300 ha per year, maintenance of a wide range of visitor facilities and a large programme of environmental work including rhododendron clearance as well as general estate management such as fencing.
We are currently in an exciting period of change and are looking for motivated and enthusiastic people who are keen to join us and contribute to our objectives for management of the NFE.
There are three posts available:
1. FM/Stewardship Forester – Lochaber North
2. FM/Stewardship Forester – Lochaber South/West
3. Harvesting and FM/Stewardship Forester – East Lorne
Posts 1 and 2 are based in our Torlundy office near Fort William, with post 3 being based in our Oban office.
The key responsibilities for the role will include:
• Promote a safety first culture in all aspects of the role
• Support, manage and develop the beat team of 3 – 4 people
• Plan, manage and monitor forest management and stewardship operations for the beat as part of the wider regional plan and budget.
• Plan, manage and monitor the harvesting programme for the beat including liaison with customers and contractors (post 3 only).
• Establish and maintain good lines of communication with internal and external stakeholders to ensure common goals are met.
• Prepare information for annual financial plan and carry out in-year financial monitoring, providing detailed and accurate information to the Harvesting, FM and Stewardship Manager as required.
For more information and to apply, please visit our website:
Please quote ref 1632290.
Closing date: 4 July 2019 at 23:59
No recruitment agencies please.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities for all sectors of our diverse community.