Officer - Forest Regulation and Tree Plant Health
- Location: Buckley or Welshpool
- Grade & Salary: 5 – £29,243
- Post Number: 202127
- Contract Type: 12 months
- Work Pattern: Full time
- Application Closing Date: 7th July 2019
The post holder will provide direct support to applicants for the new long-term forest management plans, working with colleagues and stakeholders, resolving issues and ensuring the new systems become embedded so they deliver the sustainable management of natural resources in line with the UK Forestry Standard, Area Statements and the Woodlands for Wales strategy.
Qualifications and Skills
- A recognised forestry qualification which can include ICF membership, or substantial experience of the forestry industry.
- Good understanding of commercial business processes and pressures.
- Ability to communicate effectively with regulated business and the public, explaining issues and gaining support by influencing.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of regulatory and enforcement processes.