Job vacancy: Machine Operator based in Kirkton of Durris.
£23,293 - £24,633, plus benefits
Do you have a passion for the outdoors? Do you want to join a dedicated team managing the National Forest Estate in the North-East of Scotland? If so, Forest Enterprise Scotland (FES) may have the opportunity for you. We are looking for an enthusiastic person who has experience of working in forestry programmes to join our harvesting team as a machine operator. This is an exciting time to join our organisation as we transition in Forest & Land Scotland (FLS), an executive agency of Scottish Government.
The harvesting team is located within North-East Scotland and covers an area of approximately 58,000ha of woodlands. Covering a range of sites from urban woodlands on the outskirts of Aberdeen City, to coastal pine forests in Moray, the district manages a diverse range of thinning, harvesting and restocking programmes. Harvesting work is divided into 3 teams led by a forester and works supervisor. This post will be part of a small team based in the southern part of Aberdeenshire focussed on driving harvester and forwarder machines alongside other site management tasks.
You will work closely with the harvesting team to plan and harvest forestry sites, meeting targets for outputs and specifications and ensuring all health, safety and well-being issues are addressed.
The key responsibilities for the role will include:
- Contributing to the delivery of the direct production programme, assisting with the ongoing sustainable thinning’s programme across the beat;
- Completing all forest operations in line with health & safety and work with the Forester and Work Site Supervisor to manage the safety signage on site;
- Completing all forest operations in line with environmental standards;
- Completing site risk assessments and plans as and when required;
- Ensuring machines are maintained, liaising with the workshop as and when required for assistance;
- Working with the Forester and Works Supervisor to ensure stock control is maintained.
For more information and to apply, please visit our website: www.civilservicejobs.service.gov.uk
Please quote ref 1604574. Closing date: 25 November 2018, 23:59
No recruitment agencies please.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities for all sectors of our diverse community.