Job vacancy: Project Officer for RSFS
Part time - 2/ 3 days per week
Appropriate remuneration or fees to be agreed.
The Royal Scottish Forestry Society is seeking an individual or firm to lead and manage its Monitor Woods Scheme (MWS). RSFS’s Monitor Woods Scheme (MWS) is a unique endeavour which
promotes learning and the recording of the learning process across all types of woodland and their management.
The appointee will build on the initial cohort of Monitor Woods, planning, leading and executing a development strategy to promote the adoption of the Monitor Woods Scheme across Scotland’s forest sector. Manage appropriate record creation. Develop and co-ordinate outreach programme of regular field visits and dissemination of information through appropriate media.
The appointee or their staff will have the necessary experience and skills:
• Educated to degree level or equivalent in forestry, land management or the environment
• Experience in working across the sector with foresters, owners, corporate partners and the voluntary sector.
• Strategic planning and budget management.
• Self-motivated, able to prioritise, manage own time and workload effectively and meet deadlines.
• Excellent presentational, communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills.
The appointee will be responsible to the board of the RSFS, reporting through a nominated board member.
Applicants should in the first instance contact Nander Robertson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
attaching their CV and reasons for applying.