Job vacancy: Tree & Timber Apprenticeship
- Do you have a passion for working outdoors?
- Would you like to help shape and preserve some of Scotland's woodlands and wildlife habitats?
- Would you like to gain a fully-funded, industry-recognised qualification whilst earning a good salary?
Forest Enterprise Scotland
£17,316 - £17,527
If you’ve just left education, or are looking to embark on a new career, and would like to work in the forestry or land-based sector then this opportunity is for you!
Forest Enterprise Scotland is delighted to be offering eight Trees & Timber Apprenticeships based across the north of Scotland, near Aberdeen, Inverness, Lairg and Fort William. This excellent opportunity will offer you the chance to work, learn and gain key skills and industry experience from within a supportive organisation with fantastic opportunities for career progression.
These apprenticeships are suitable for both school and college leavers, and adults who are interested in the forestry industry and looking for a new career direction. No matter what your background or experience, we want to hear from you and particularly welcome applications from females, who are currently under-represented in our industry.
To be successful in the role you will:
- Have an understanding of the forest or land-based industry and be willing to develop a career within this sector;
- Be enthusiastic about working in a team environment and contributing to the work of the whole team;
- Be able to communicate effectively, both in writing and face to face;
- Have an awareness of the importance of health & safety and wellbeing.
Do you think you’ve got what it takes to shape the forests and habitats of Scotland so that they can be enjoyed by visitors and wildlife for years to come?
To discover more and to apply for this role please visit the Civil Service jobs website, Job Reference: 1603594.
see website for details